Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blog Hop!



I was asked to participate this blog hop by the amazing Barbara Chotiner.
I love Barbara's work and it is my honor to join in! I am not very good at writing so this is going be a very short post :) Check out Barabara's work here. Her work is absolutely stunning. I especially love the ways she uses color and texture. 
On this “blog hop” artists are asked to answer a few questions and share some names of artists who inspire them.  
Okay, I will start the questions first ...

1. What are you writing/working on?
I am currently working on a papercut project for a magazine, some designs for a greeting card company, a logo for a pre-school, pattern designs for a local company, a wedding card for a friend and a few illustrations for an advertising company :)  I have been busy but all of them are very fun jobs! I am super lucky!! 

Besides work, I am very into healthy food lately so I created a blog about food.. 

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
hmm, this is a hard question. I think it is easier for an outsider to tell me instead of me answering this...  One thing I would like to mention is that I try to stay positive when I draw. If I am sad or down, I will stop working and stay away from my studio room. I don't want my negative emotion affects my work, this might sound weird but I believe some people can tell and "feel" the energy behind artwork.


3. Why do you create?
Because...I was born/made to be an artist-- HAHA!!
No, seriously... why do I create? BECAUSE IT IS SO FUN TO CREATE!


4. How does your creative process work?
It depends on what kind of work I am doing  For example..
Children book: pencil sketches on paper, color in photoshop or paint it with gouache.



Doodle or spot illustration:
 free hand directly on photoshop

Surface design:
 sketch and color directly on photoshop. 



So, here's the artists that I LOVE!!!! I dont know them in person and run out of time to ask them for the permission of posting their artwork, so if you are interested to their work, please click the links :)


Ina Hattenhauer - super lovely style with limited color palette. Her work is fun and fresh!


Chris Turnham - I have been his fan since art school.  His work is so stylized, simple but very details! I know it is hard to explain, go check out his work!

Lou Romano-  Master Lou! I learn a lot by just looking at his work. My jaw drops every time I see his illustration!